As the evenings are getting lighter and hopefully the weather a little warmer, it’s a great time of year to make the most of getting outdoors and getting some exercise.
Walking is often an underrated form of exercise
Walking has many benefits besides being simple and free! It is quite possibly the easiest way to get active and being active helps towards losing weight and becoming healthier .
Walking is often an underrated form of exercise but here at Homewood Chiropractic in Fareham we want to get more people out walking and would like to share some tips and advice, to help you get outside and moving.
Try to walk about 10,000 steps a day. Most of us walk 3,000 to 4,000 steps a day so extending the number to 10,000 doesn’t make it sound so challenging
- Starting out you don’t want to overdo it. Start slowly and increase your pace gradually. You do want to increase the intensity of your pace, so start out by breaking your level of activity up into chunks.
- Remember to include a cool down period towards the end of your walk. Start slowing down your pace and do a few gentle stretches to finish off your walk.
- Add to your daily step count by making it a habit to walk more. Walk to the shops, take the stairs, walk the children to school or go for a stroll after dinner with friends and family
- Join a walking group. There are loads of them out there and it’s a good way to make friends too
- Set your self a goal everyday. You will be surprised at how motivated you will feel to reach it
So no excuses now get out there and start walking!
If you have a pre-existing health condition you may wish to ask your GP’s advice about suitable exercise.
If you are suffering from back pain or have other concerns please get in touch with us as we offer a lot of help and advice to get you back up and running as soon as possible. You can contact us at Homewood Chiropractic Clinic on 01329 280 283 or email email@example.com