With 2015 almost over, many of us will be making resolutions for the coming year. But will we stick to them and achieve our goals or are they going to be long forgotten come February? According to our reputable chiropractor in Fareham, breaking down our visions into measurable and realistic targets makes it that much easier to stay committed to our New Year’s Resolutions. This is especially true when it comes to losing weight, taking up more exercise or drinking less alcohol.
Our experienced Fareham chiropractor recommends following these ten top tips to make 2016 the year you do what you said you were going to do:
1: Make one resolution only. Trying to do everything will achieve nothing, and many people make the mistake of setting their sights too far. Remember that you are far more likely to succeed if you focus your energy in just one important area.
2: Decide on your New Year’s resolution before New Year’s Eve. Making a positive change in your life takes commitment and a will to succeed. If your resolution is something you haven’t given much thought to, the chances are it’s not that important to you and you are less likely to stick at it.
3: Don’t reattempt the resolution you made last year. Avoid feelings of repetition and negativity and give yourself something new and fresh to focus on.
4: Don’t follow the crowds and make the same predictable resolutions as everyone else. Think long and hard about what you really want out of the year ahead and build your own plans around that.
5. Break down your targets into steps and create realistic, time-based sub-goals.
6. It is easier to let yourself down than anyone else, so make sure you tell those closest to you all about your positive resolution. Don’t forget; the more people who know about your plan, the more support and encouragement you’ll receive.
7. It can be easy to lose interest in a New Year’s resolution and the novelty of doing something different can soon wear off. Keep reminding yourself of the reasons why you are doing what you’re doing and create a list of the benefits your resolution will have on your life.
8. Maintain your motivation by treating yourself with small rewards each time you achieve a sub-goal.
9. Document your progress by making a computer spreadsheet, creating a journal or taking photographs throughout your journey.
10. Don’t abandon your plans if you encounter a few setbacks. All successful journeys come with a few mountains and hurdles – the important thing is to treat each one as temporary and carry on going.
Here’s to a happy and healthy 2016!
Our experienced team of Chiropractors in Fareham are here to help you. For friendly advice or to book an appointment, contact us today on 01329 280 283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org