DATA PROTECTION PRIVACY NOTICE
What is a Data Protection Privacy Notice?
Under the guidance of the General Data Protection Regulations, we are required to advise our patients on our data protection policy.
Who We Are
Homewood Chiropractic Clinic 30 Osborn Road Fareham Hants PO16 7DS
Tel: 01329 280283 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawful Basis for Processing Data – Contract
The personal data we process and what we do with it
As part of the patient record, the Clinic is required to retain information, such as Name, Address, DOB, email address, Medical history and GP details for the purpose of consultation for treatment, subsequent treatments, and for the use by third party medical practitioners only at the request of the patient in writing.
Retaining Your personal data
We have a statutory requirement to keep your personal data for a minimum period of 8 years after your last treatment (or until age 25 if you are a child). After this time, we will retain your personal data under the lawful basis of legitimate interest as should you revisit the clinic after 8 years, we need to reference your past medical history and details on how we treated you as this may affect the healthcare we provide you as a returning patient. If after the 8-year period you would like your personal data securely deleted and destroyed please let us know.
As we process your personal data, you have certain rights. These are a right of access, a right of rectification, a right of erasure and a right to restrict processing.
- You may request a copy of your data at any time. Please make such a request in writing or by email to the Clinic Manager. Please provide the following information: your name, address, telephone number, email address and details of the information you require.
- If you believe any of the personal data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us directly and any necessary corrections to your data will be made without undue delay.
- If you believe we should erase your data, please contact the Clinic Manager
- If you wish us to stop storing or using your data, please contact the Clinic Manager
- Where you have provided explicit consent for us to use your data you have a right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will contact you without delay. We will give you the contact details of the person who is dealing with the breach,
explain to you the nature of the breach and the steps we are taking to deal with it.
Should You Wish to Complain
You can contact the ICO via their website: www.ico.org.uk or in writing to Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF or by phone 03031 231113 should you wish to make a complaint about the way we are processing your personal data.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
We do not use any system which uses automated decision making or profiling in respect of your personal data.
I, the undersigned (or authorised guardian), acknowledge that I have read the data protection policy (above) and do hereby give consent to the practitioner/chiropractor to maintain records for the purposes outlined within the policy.